New Members of Genealogy and Local History Standing Committee, term 2017-2021.
The nomination process for the new term 2017-2021 was completed last week. We had 10 candidates for 8 vacant seats. The chair of the IFLA Professional Committee has accepted all the nominations, however, which means that our SC will consists of 22 members from August 2017 !
The nominations for the period 2017-2021 are (I follow the list I have got from IFLA):
- Bozena Rasmussen, Retired librarian, Norway
- Cecilia Salvatore , Dominican University, United States
- Cherie Bush, Family Search, United States
- Claire Banton, Library and Archives Canada (LAC) / Bibliothéque et Archives Canada (BAC), Canada
- Hector Orellana Flores, Biblioteca del Congreso Nacional de Chile, Chile
- Helen E. Gbala, College of DuPage, United States
- Hyekyong Ahn, National Library of Korea, Republic of Korea
- Laila Hussein Moustafa, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, United States
- Maja Markhouss, Almedalen Library, Sweden
- Vigintas Stancelis, Faculty of Communication, University of Vilnius, Lithuania
Congratulations to all and welcome on board!
24th February 2017, BR