IFLA Genealogy and Local History Section joint with the Asia and Oceania Section
“Local Histories and Genealogies in a Multicultural World”
23rd August 2018
George Town, Penang, Malaysia (Bangunan UAB, Event Hall (ground floor), No 21-25 Gat Lebuh China, George Town World Heritage Site, 10300 Penang), Host organization: Areca Books/Think City, Asia and Oceania Section, in cooperation with the following institutions/organizations: Penang Heritage Trust, Wawasan Open University and Penang State Public Library Corporation.
Persons responsible for the pre-conference: Chihfeng P. Lin, Takashi Nagatsuka, Rashidah Begum and Khoo Salma
Information about the conference & registration:
- Dr. Takashi Nagatsuka, Japan: “The Relationships and Linkages among Digital Collections and Libraries in Japan”
- Dr. Nei-Ching Yeh & Dr. Chihfeng P. Lin, Taiwan: “Study on Hurdles of Genealogy Collection Development in Taiwan: A journey to Explore the Path of Ancestors”
- Zanaria Saupi Udin, Hassan Tanjehi, Juhaida Abdul Rahim & Siti Mawarni Salim, Malaysia: ” Online Exhibition on a Shoestring”
- Wan Ahmad Hanis b. Wan Yahya, Malaysia: “Oral History Programs: Wayang Kulit Seri Asun (Shadow Puppetry)
- Yonea Sabatiani, Febriyanto, Tamara Adiani Salim, Indonesia: “The Utilization of Rare Indonesian Local Church History Collection: Case Study of Jakarta Theological School”
- Maitrayee Ghosh, Mahatma Gandhi, India: ” Archival policy in corporate archives in India”
- Salma Khoo, Malaysia: “George Town and The Penang Story”
BR 7th June, 2018.